Pet Retention Program
In an effort to promote pet retention, Macomb County Animal Control is offering an opportunity for Macomb County residents to apply for grant funding to help cover the cost of medical treatment/services in order for them to keep their pet. Grant funding can only cover up to $500 per pet.
Residents must complete the following application in full in order to be considered. Completion of this request does NOT guarantee that the funds will be granted. Funds are payable directly to the vet office providing the treatment/service. The more detail provided the better the chance of being approved.
- Must be a Macomb County resident.
- Must be the registered owner of the pet.
- Funding is paid directly to the service provider.
- The grant is NOT for the use of spay and neuter.
- Those applying for the grant may be required to agree to have their pet sterilized if applicable.
- Funds are limited and must be disbursed before December 1, 2022.
- Treatment/services must take place before December 1, 2022.
- These funds are granted to those only seeking medical treatment/services in order to retain their pets and in lieu of surrendering, selling or otherwise rehoming.
- Medical expenses exceeding $500 are the sole responsibility of the applicant. The pet owner will need to have a plan in place to cover any remaining costs outside of any awarded funds.
Pet Retention grant funds are limited. Eligibility is determined by need.