The Shelter-Neuter-Return (SNR) program is proven to be humane and effective at controlling outdoor cat population growth. Using this technique, cats will be vaccinated, spayed/neutered, ear-tipped for identification, and then returned to their original territory. The goal of this SNR program is to maximize quality of life for the cats and to minimize growth of the colony over time.
Macomb County Animal Control (MCAC), its staff, and participating vet clinics use qualified staffing and approved materials for all procedures performed. Carefully read, understand, and agree to all of the following before signing your name.
SNR Terms & Conditions:
- I agree that all cats participating in this program will be spayed/neutered and will be ear tipped, no exceptions. Cats will also receive age appropriate vaccinations.
- I understand that the cat(s) must be transported and remain in a live trap due to temperament and in order to ensure safety of the animal and the staff.
- I understand that there is some risk of injury to the cat(s) or death in the procedure and the use of anesthetics and medications. If the cat is pregnant at the time of surgery, I understand that pregnancy will be terminated.
- I agree that any cat who is medically untreatable or in severe or chronic pain will be humanely euthanized at the veterinarian’s discretion while the cat is under anesthesia. I understand I will be notified post-euthanasia.
- I understand that if a bite occurs during the SNR process, staff will follow Michigan State Rabies protocol unless vaccination records can be produced.
- I agree to pick the cat up the day after surgery is performed and return the cat to the location it was trapped for release.
- I agree to provide adequate food, water, and shelter to the cats after their return.
- I understand that I will be charged the fee of $55 if I fail to comply with the Terms & Conditions of the SNR Program. If I am not present nor I do not make arrangements for picking up the cat at my scheduled time, I agree to have my credit card charged $55.
- I understand that failure to comply with the terms of this agreement will prevent me from participating in the Macomb County Animal Control SNR program in the future.