Humane Live Trap Rental
The Shelter-Neuter-Return (SNR) program is proven to be humane and effective at controlling outdoor cat population growth. Using this technique, cats will be vaccinated, spayed/neutered, ear-tipped for identification, and then RETURNED to their original territory. The goal of this SNR program is to maximize quality of life for the cats and to minimize growth of the colony over time.
Setting a humane live trap is easy to do! Click HERE for instructions.
Carefully read, understand, and agree to all of the following before submitting the form.
SNR Terms & Conditions:
- All traps rented are property of Macomb County Animal Control and therefore are required to be returned to Macomb County Animal Control by the return date given below.
- Traps are loaned for the sole purpose of capturing stray feral or community cats and shall not be used to intentionally capture wildlife. I understand that it is my responsibility to release any wildlife that unintentionally becomes trapped back in the same area in which it was captured.
- I agree that I will not trap nursing mother cats.
- I understand that once I trap a SNR cat, I am responsible for transporting it to Macomb County Animal Control. I understand that once the cat is spayed/neutered it will be released back to the area in which they had been trapped.
- I understand that I must schedule to drop-off SNR cats at Macomb County Animal Control is Monday and Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. I understand that Macomb County Animal Control only has ten (10) spots available each week for SNR and residents are only allowed to bring in one (1) SNR each week unless otherwise approved by Macomb County Animal Control.
- I understand that one (1) trap only will be loaned out for a period of (1) week. If additional time is needed, an extension may be granted based on demand. If an extension can not be granted, I understand that I must return the trap by the original return date.
- I understand that my signature on this agreement gives Macomb County Animal Control permission to charge me $75.00 for the cost of the trap if I do not return the trap by the agreed upon return date.
- I understand that failure to comply with the terms of this agreement will prevent me from renting traps from Macomb County Animal Control in the future.