Pet Retention Program
In an effort to promote pet retention, Macomb County Animal Control is offering an opportunity for Macomb County residents to apply for grant funding to help cover the cost of medical treatment/services in order for them to keep their pet. Grant funding can only cover up to $500 per pet.
Residents must complete the following application in full in order to be considered. Completion of this request does NOT guarantee that the funds will be granted. Funds are payable directly to the vet office providing the treatment/service. The more detail provided the better the chance of being approved.
- Must be a Macomb County resident.
- Must be the registered owner of the pet.
- Funding is paid directly to the service provider.
- Funds are limited and must be disbursed before May 1, 2021.
- Treatment/services must take place before May 1, 2021.
- Medical expenses exceeding $500 are the sole responsibility of the resident. The pet owner will need to have a plan in place to cover any remaining costs outside of any awarded funds.
Pet Retention grant funds are limited. Eligibility is determined by need.